Thursday, January 9, 2014

Can't Sleep

Jack's Jem:

First off sorry there has not been any posts in awhile the whole family has been sick throughout the holidays, and I just did not have it in me to write.  It was a shame since Jack did not fail to entertain us while we were sick.  If I remember some of his Jems I will get them posted. 

Well on with the story.  So last night I got Jack in bed an as usual he wanted to read in bed so I let him.  About 10 minutes later Jack comes in our room and announces that he can't sleep.  To which his parents in unison gave the same parental reply that is heard every night around the globe "You have only been in there a few minutes now go back to bed!"  Jack would not take that as an answer and offered up his own solution to his alleged insomnia problem, "can you [his parents] dress the cat up like a sheep so I can count her?" 

At this point us as parents take a pause (laughing of course), now I can't guess what my wife was think but as a red blooded American dad I considered this request.  Wanting to get Jack to go to sleep and not being particularly fond of the cat to begin with, I have to admit I imagined ways to dress the cat up as sheep and the possible ways to get her to jump repeatedly over his bed.  Lucky for the cat my wonderful wife interrupted my thought process when she told Jack "Go Back To Bed!"

(note no animals where harmed in the making of this post)

Enjoy
Jack's tired Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment