Thursday, December 26, 2013

Jack's Jem:


Observations from Christmas:

  Our household was struck down with a stomach virus that sidelined Jack and his mom and made us cancel our holiday travel plans.  One thing that at the time did not seem humorous at the time but in hind sight is, I feel entertaining.  Poor Jack was the first member of the family to get sick. Now if you can imagine what a bad stomach virus can cause, well it did and that is enough details on that.  The one thing that I found some humor in it was while Jack was sick he wanted to know not just when he was going to get better, he wanted to know exactly what time he would be better.  Can you image if you could tell your kids exactly what time they would be better.  In keeping with this mind set on the second morning at 5:45 am Jack came in our room and pronounced that he was"all better now."  You know what he was right.

 So Christmas morning started with a Christmas Miracle Jack sleep in until almost 7 am, Hallelujah!  Now to see the humor in this next part you have to understand that I had heard him get out of bed and come down the hall to our room.  I also know he had not gone down stairs, since I would have heard that as well. Image elephants on tricycles going down the stairs and you will have a good idea what kinda of racket Jack can make.  Well he enters the room and as any young kid would loudly announces that "Santa has been here!"  So I had to ask, "Jack how do you know Santa has been here?"  The answer "Well Dad, I just know."  This is were I ask if he had gone down stairs to check, expecting to get just a yes or no.  Yes I know that was silly, but I did it anyway.  Jack's answer "Nope, I just know these things!"  How do you argue with that.

 Well Christmas Day was laid back with Mom still not being at 100% and the kids having to survive my cooking. Jack had to do one more thing before the night was over that made me laugh out load.  In my stocking I received a flashlight that your wear on your head, well I already have one so I gave it to Jack since I knew he would enjoy it.  In Jack's stocking he received a Garfield comic book.  These two items are important to this Jem.  So around 8 pm Jack stands up and says he is going to bed.  His Mom and I are a little surprised by this, but he does sometimes just put himself to bed.  So I give him a few minutes to get ready for bed then I go up to check on him.  As I approach his room I notice the light is out and that it is fairly quite.  So I slowly open the door expecting to find him fast asleep.  What I find is Jack sitting up in bed with the head mounted flashlight on and him reading his Garfield book.  He looks up at me and says "Hi Dad I was just reading my new Garfield book, I won't stay up to late."  "Ok" was all I could say, what's there to argue about.

 Well I hope everyone out there had a great Christmas, Enjoy
Jack's Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment