Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Jack's Jem:


  If there ever was any doubt that Jack's mind is like a steel trap, I will erase that doubt right now. So during my first semester back at school, I was introduced to a fun little computer programming language call Scratch.  It was designed by MIT to help kids learn computer programming by letting them make fun little games and art.  We used it in my Intro to Computer Science class, and Jack was very interested in what I was doing.  

  Well he hounded me to relentlessly to make a game with  him.  His idea was a racing game and is more complicated that either the language or I are probably capable of.  His hounding got to the point that I had to make a deal with him to get some peace.  

  That deal was this:  I would work with him on the game after my semester ended and that we had to stop when the next semester started.  

   And, yes this deal did come back to haunt me!  At 5:45am this morning before my alarm even went off Jack came into my room and began going over details of track design and car characters, and on and on.  I had no idea what he was talking about, so I asked him.  His answer was "the game."  In my sleep induced state I could not remember what he was talking about.  So, he reminded me in great detail of what our deal was.  I just finished my last final exam at 9 pm last night and 8 hours later, I am on the hook for the deal.  I guess that is enough recovery time for an 8 year old. 

  Dang It!  I should know better!

Enjoy
The Dad stuck in the steel trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment