Monday, December 23, 2013

The Original Jacks Jem:

 
(Reposted from Facebook back in July of 2013)
 
 
Ok, I have to add another thing to my list of things I can't believe I had to say as a parent:

Jack: "We put lotion on"
Me: "Who's WE?"
Jack: "me and the cat"
Me: "Jack don't put lotion on the cat"
Jack: "But she was itchy"
Me: holding back a laugh "she will be ok without it"
Jack: "But she was itchy"
Me: after looking at the cat "Jack how much lotion did you use"...
Jack: with out missing a beat "enough"
Me: "wipe the cat off and leave her alone"
Jack: "OK"

After a few minutes I hear:

Jack: "stay still, DADDD! the cat won't stay still"
Me: after I find Jack with an upset kitten pinned to the bathroom floor "let that cat up"
Jack: "I have not got all the lotion off"
Me: "you have done enough, let her go" I am again trying not to laugh and I can tell the cat is ok.
Jack: "OK"

and he wonders why the kitten won't play with him

Parenthood will never stop surprising me

2 comments: