Saturday, December 21, 2013

Jack's Jem:


  So today's Jem is courtesy of the Disney movie "Planes" and the cape swish.  If you have seen the movie you got the reference, if not why not it is a great movie!  Seriously I love it, everyone needs to see it even if you don't have kids!

  Now if I can just get Disney to pay me for that plug. On to the jem.

  Again Jack wakes me up at 5:30 am and he wants to talk, yes there is a pattern here.  So in my sleep induced state I can't remember the conversation but it ended when Jack stood up and turned his back to me and proudly pronounced in his best El Chupacabra voice "I swish my rear at you". We are not talking twerking here we are talking little kid uncoordinated shaking of his back side.  I know the thought of Jack shaking his rear at his groggy Dad is funny by itself, but there is more.

  At this point I had a moment of clarity which is unusual for this time in the morning.  So, here is what crossed my mind; if he is willing to shake his rear at me who and where else is he willing shake that thing at. I asked him if he had been shaking his rear at anyone else, to which he answered "at school, when (a classmate) had lost to him in chess". 

  You know your the parent of an Autistic child when you are easily distracted by a new piece of information, ie... when did he start playing chess?  After I got back on track I told Jack that while it was funny at home ( Hey try it, shake your rear at a family member and they will find it funny, and NO we don't go around doing it to each other in my house ) it probably was not ok at school.  Jack "even if someone else does it to me first," now I am in a dilemma; do I tell him to defend himself or sit back and take it (yes I really thought this, give me a break it was 5:30 in the morning ).  So I opted for the safe approach considering my audience, "no not even if they do it first."

  So this leaves me wondering, is there some elementary school etiquette rules on shaking your rump at someone else?  Is there any opinions on this?

Dazed and abused,
Dad


 

No comments:

Post a Comment