Monday, December 16, 2013

Jack's Jem:

So, Jack is up at his normal 5:45am "bright eyed and bushy tailed" as my dad always said.  I on the other hand am not a morning person, EVER!  So, why is this important? Because, I was completely unprepared for the battle of wits that occurred this morning. 

Jack climbs in bed with me this morning and begins talking about cartoons or something, but all I heard was the teacher from the Peanuts. Until, he rubs my arm and announces "Ew, Dad your hairy!" Ok, Now I am paying attention, and in my best parental tone begin to explain to him that it is normal for guys to have body hair, and that at some point in his life he will probably have hairy arms too. 

This is were I screwed up.

Jack immediately responds with, " Ew, I won't I will use the NoNo, you know no hair no pain!  I don't want to look like an orangutan, like you!"

He managed to humble me in less that 4 seconds and all before my first cup of coffee. Now I am questioning my parental skills since he could verbatim repeat a TV commercial and my self esteem has received a punch in the guts, since I am evidently the missing Ewok.

Signed
The Orangutan in the Room.

PS. enjoy the video, I know it's a parody of the NoNo commercial but its still funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment